Thursday, July 17, 2008

gearing up for the olympics....

It's official! The house is definitely getting ready for the 2008 Olympics. Yesterday, Andrea pulled out her autographed 8"x10" of Dominique Dawes (Awesome Dawesome). She received it after she sent a letter to Dominique expressing her greatest admiration for her--actually Andrea wrote all of the gymnasts. (she refrained from answering my questions about who else responded, but I'm pretty sure she told me previously that Amanda Borden and Kerri Strug also responded, although not with an 8"x10").

Stephanie also asked me to tape the swimming since she will be out of the country. (Ironically she'll be much closer to the events than I will be!)

On a different note--please be in prayer for three members of the house as they will be leaving on missions trips within the next two weeks. Katie leaves on Saturday for the Dominican Republic (she will be gone 10 days). Andrea and Stephanie leave on the 29th for an unnamed location (they will be gone 17 days). Pray for safe travels and bold, Christ-like love for the people they come in contact with!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am gearing up for the Olympics, too! Too bad you guys can't come to our Olympics Party here in Louisville. :(

I will be praying for safe travels for all of you!

love-
court

Our Family said...

You 3 will be missed, but we know that you are in the Lord's hands! No better place to be.

We cannot wait to hear the live blogging "hopefully" like the NBA finals, from the 2520 girls!

Katie said...

Ok, I'm commenting from the Dominican Republic. Love you all and I miss you!

Gabby Huerta said...

update?

Gabby Huerta said...

update

Gabby Huerta said...

update

Gabby Huerta said...

update

 
Locations of visitors to this page