Thursday, October 29, 2009

not only do we have lots of sweets...

The other day I came home from work and looked at the top of our fridge and it looked absolutely horrible. There's a reason why. It's where we keep all our chips, pretzels and bread. One would think that with just 4 people living here, there would not really be that many bags. You'd think, but it's not true at our house. We obviously like large quantities of food items. We counted the total number of chip/pretzel/rice cake bags. Guess how many...



I'll give you a little hint. A couple weeks ago, our fridge had 9 opened jars of salsa. 9. A lot, right? Not compared to the amount of chip/etc bags.

The worst bag we found is this Market Pantry bag of pretzels. I've noticed it many times while looking through the chip/bread basket. This time I decided to look at the expiration date only to find it expired back in December of 2007. Guessing it's been on top of the fridge the entire time we've lived at 2520.


Sorry MP Pretzels, it's time for you to go.

So, guess how many bags we found...

5 comments:

Stephanie G said...

I'm gonna say 12. Let me ask you a question...do people often leave behind food they bring over for get togethers/small group and such? That could add to the abundance a bit, right?

Anonymous said...

I'll say 10. I think you're onto something with your theory Steph.

katiebee said...

haha! I love this post!

I already know the answer so I won't guess. I wonder if any of them are mine...

Courtney Reissig said...

I wonder if any of them are mine, too! Those pretzels were there when I lived there and I have been gone for 2 years! That bread basket is a black hole. Kind of like the fridge...

skronny said...

the fridge! oh courtney! don't get me started......

 
Locations of visitors to this page