Saturday, December 01, 2007

A "Random" post from Scotch Banyon





I was given permission to take hold of the 2520 blogspot reins and write on a topic of my choosing. I have decided that I will use this opportunity to write about an issue close to my heart. The shortage of new movies showcasing puppetry, and more specifically, puppetry of the muppet variety. While many of us can remember the '99 movie "Muppets From Space" starring the timeless Gonzo, it has been far too long since the Hollywood Machine has taken up the strings and produced another blockbusting muppet epic. Those fat cats out in S. Cali are just gorging themselves on their bowls of milk and fancy feast, paid in full by mind numbingly dull films about rock stars and real life drama starring actual human beings. Who wants to see a docudrama about the the Bay of Pigs fiasco when you can actually have a leading role played by an actual pig? Well a pig made out of felt and foam, but whatever. And hasn't the world seen enough rom coms with meg ryan and tom hanks? Give me Miss Piggy and her Kermie any day. And on that note, this has been the first and last post that I will ever be allowed to do. I apologize to everyone in advance.

- Scotch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear anonymous writer,
i have never watched the muppets. is that bad?
anonymous friend.

Anonymous said...

Neither have I. I am so glad that we are in the same boat anonymous friend no.1!!
-Anonymous friend No.2

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

i am anonymous.

 
Locations of visitors to this page