Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Going to the chapel BABY!!!

We received this e-mail late Tuesday night. Don't even think about asking who it was from. We don't know. Honestly.

Girls,
I know we've agree it would never go here, but please, listen to me now:
Will ya'll marry me? I'm dead serious. I've decided to become a
polygamist. Now, don't get me wrong, I won't be movin' to Salt Lake
City any time soon, and certainly don't be thinkin' that I've
converted to that Latter Day Saints church. No way! The Lord Jesus
is indeed God! But with that said, I see some advantages. I mean,
how could I possibly pick just ONE of ya'll! You're ALL so beautiful
and talented and smart and funny and full of the joy of the Lord! I
could never choose just ONE of ya'll! So, I've just decided: If I
can't pick one, then I'll hafta pick 'em ALL! I hope you gals are
down with this. And don't worry, Jesus said that in the resurrection
none of ya'll will be any specialer to me than any other one of ya'll.
But boy we can have a lot of fun together til then, can't we?! I'm
sure ya'll will agree. Let me know what dates work for ya'll, I'll
let you fight among yourselves for picking gowns and so forth. I'm
gonna buy a used cargo van that we can all take on down to Cali in the
fall.

Much love,

17 comments:

Kaija said...

Ahahahahhahahaha.. Oh wowza.

You girls better watch out!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure a girl wrote that--too many ya'lls.

-AP

Courtney Reissig said...

We don't know who wrote it, but the mystery person keeps tormenting us with emails.

If you're out there, please help--we are dying to know who it is.

AP-you stay up really late.

Anonymous said...

oh. my. gosh.

Anonymous said...

oh. my. gosh. is right. we have received two more emails:

Girls,

One more thing. I won't be able to afford rings for everyone, so will you all mind sharing one?

For your multiplied joy,

&

Girls,

Just one more thing, if you all think this is unbiblical, think again.
I mean, look at all the godly people who had more than one wife -
Abraham, Jacob, David, who was a man after God's own heart!

I know I won't be able to be an elder in a New Testament church, but
I'm willing to give that up for you all.

So what do ya say? I haven't heard a response yet?

waiting in angst,

Molly said...

oh my hilarious!!! this is indeed a funny mystery. notice the y'alls have changed since AP's comment... now they are saying "you all"--they're definitely tracking your response on this very blog! AAAHHHHH! [insert creepy music]

But whoever wrote it is correct--it would be very difficult to choose between you girls. That's a reason we didn't even consider in our conversation on Friday night.

Courtney Reissig said...

It's almost like we have our very own murder mystery at the 2520 house.

But without the murder of course--so it's really just a mystery. This is just too much craziness with Ellie being gone and all.

It's good to see that the blog has been revived from it's deadness.

Hannah said...

oh my gosh! This is intense.

Anonymous said...

Just because it has "y'all"s in the letter, don't assume it's from a southerner...
With that said, it sounds like Joseph Randall to me. OR someone did a good Joseph Randall impression with:
"The Lord Jesus"
"ya'll" (7X)
"the joy of the Lord"
"any specialer"
"and so forth"
"down to Cali in the fall."

Anonymous said...

YES!

Anonymous said...

It does sound like Joseph.
But I'm still convinced a girl wrote it. I have never read a letter in which a guy signed much love. But I don't know much.
It is pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

i think the fact that ellie is gone should maybe give you a hint...

ehl said...

just to make one thing sure...I did NOT have anything to do with the email...writing, posting, or otherwise!! I have to admit that I too am in the dark and am very anxiously awaiting further developments in this saga!
On another note...Girls, we must resolve now that this will not come between us! I believe that we cannot break cultural norms (no matter how "biblical" it may be) and all marry this same mysterious man. This being said...May the best man (well, woman) WIN!!! :)


Love ya'll! ;-)
elles

p.s. I keep wanting to call, but by the time I get done here it is too late there!

Anonymous said...

I love that Gabe made a cameo on the comments, and I love that he had the same initial thought I did.

Christi Joy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! That is soooo funny!!!! WOW!!!! You have to let me know who it is the minute you find out!!

Anonymous said...

If normal proposals are like bullets, this one is like a shotgun shell. He aims at all of you and hopes to hit at least one. If he aims at five and just injures one enough to follow her trail to her forest hideaway where he can marry her in a sylvan glen, he's done OK for himself.

Run on sentence and mixed metaphor. Sorry.

Also, I still think he's a she--even if it is Joseph Randall.

If he beats me up now, we'll know the culprit.

AP

Anonymous said...

That is funny. Stinkin' funny.

 
Locations of visitors to this page