Tuesday, May 01, 2007

welcome to the blog, our new bff, c.j.

Ah, Yes, there indeed had been much excited talk about a certain bald headed preacher coming to Mpls. As many are well aware, we all love C.J., but at the CDG conference we were reminded why we love him. It’s not just because he is funny. Or because he has a great laugh. Or just because he loves basketball. Or because he is so joyful. Or even just because he is humble. The biggest reason we love and respect him so much is because God uses him to make us want to know and trust in our Savior more. C.J. makes Jesus look so precious and beautiful. And that is why we love him so much.

We should add that we did in fact stand in line for about 45 minutes waiting to talk to him. It was worth it. We also got our picture taken with him, but had to promise that we would never delete it. Oh, he is such a great guy.




Courtney would like all to know that her eyes are closed.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope a picture with Pastor John is next.

--tg

Courtney Reissig said...

Hi my name is Courtney. I'm awkward.

Anonymous said...

wow. im extremely jealous. ok thats all.

you guys are way cool...even you courtney...with your eyes closed.

Anonymous said...

cdt=top of the home-school list.

Anonymous said...

tommy.

will you let us take a picture with you when you come back to minneapolis and we will post it on the blog.

grimm, you are the african legend.

oh, what a great picture this will be. we will all dress in our native garb.

steph will wear her asian dress

you will wear one of your many african shirts (maybe the one you got for easter)

katie will wear her softball uniform

andrea will wear a jean jumper to look very home-school like.

ellie will be modeling her most lavish brazilian shoes.

in case you were not aware, courtney is part native american and she will be wearing her traditional headdress.

sarah will be dressed in her scrubs. and singing the song by tlc.

"we have got to make this happen. no i'm not even kidding." - katie

Courtney Reissig said...

I think you are putting me at the top of the homeschool list just because you are sick of being the dominate homeschooler... :)

Oh well, I can take it. I'm tough and secure enough in my personhood to be the reigning homeschooler. Can't you tell by the way I'm closing my eyes. It screams self-esteem!

p.s. totally laughed out loud about the picture thing. I'm so glad that you brought my native american roots to bear on the discussion. It would be a sight to see. We should do it.

Courtney Reissig said...

p.s.s.

scrubs? love it! especially with the neck movement.

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, girls...no love for my asian roots? Diss.

Anonymous said...

I still think you should have made him a cake!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

ohhh, I'm laughing right now!

katie, you should come over and watch the twins games!

Anonymous said...

tg,

do you have anything japanese?

Anonymous said...

WOAH! 12 comments!!! this post is attracting a lot of meaningful thoughts. i commend you. and im waiting on the edge of my seat for the deep, thought-provoking post on mascara (oh no! did i just give it away!? hope it wasnt a suprise...)

Anonymous said...

Steph,

Good point. I'll stick to the African attire.

--tg

 
Locations of visitors to this page