Wednesday, October 29, 2008

cleaning at 2520!!!

There are a couple of us in the house who apparently never learned how to properly clean a toilet. We realize we are probably the only two girls in the world who don't, actually didn't know this. But now we know. I guess I should say who, so the other girls are not embarrassed, because of course they knew this cool trick. It's Steph and Andrea. Okay.

So, a few weeks ago I was cleaning the upstairs bathroom with Lacy and I was cleaning the toilet. So, I was dumping the toilet cleaner in the toilet like this:


of course. Lacy kind of stood there and watched and said, "Oh, you don't do it like this?" And she proceeded to show me the correct way:


How genius, I thought. This way the cleaner gets everywhere in the toilet bowl, not just the center! Oh man, I never knew. But, I was told, that is why the toilet cleaner is shaped like this:


A few days ago it was Steph's week to clean the bathroom. The same think happened, only I took Lacy's place and was probably not as gracious as Lacy. Steph and I laughed a lot. We are glad that we now know how to clean toilets properly. Probably the worst part is that I actually had a job cleaning someone's house when I was younger. All the weeks of cleaning their toilets were done incorrectly.

If anyone has other cleaning tips that you think we might not know, please tell us........

7 comments:

Tommy said...

Girls, not to make you feel even more embarrassed, but even I knew that.

Anonymous said...

Tommy,

I am not surprised at all that you knew that. Not at all :)

Didn't you tell us one time that you cleaned toilets with a rag and your hand? Not just the outside but the inside?

Maybe that's also a common practice here and I am just not aware...

Anonymous said...

To see how to clean a bathroom quickly, go to Bathroom cleaning . That looks like a daily cleaning method, since the shower & tub were hardly touched, and she sure missed a lot of spots while cleaning the toilet. If that was done every day, though, the toilet would stay quite clean. I do use that method for cleaning my toilet bowls, although I scrub them more and flush and rinse afterwards. Lowering the water to allow the cleaner to work without being diluted is a very good method. And a johnny mop works much better than a toilet brush, IMO. If you have hard water lines that won't come off, use a wet pumice stone on them.

RCEC said...

Wow. That is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I think I was shown that once...but here's the thing. For some reason, my parents always bought that powdered Comet or Ajax stuff. For whatever reason, that's what I buy, too. I want to know how you get it up around the rim. Old habits die hard, I guess... it would probably be easier to just buy the liquid, squeezable kind instead of fluffing blue powder all over the toilet seat and floor! :D You girls are so practical...

Tommy said...

Andrea--

I may have used a rag to hand-clean a toilet. I can't remember, but if I did while I was in Minneapolis, I'm sure it would have been the number-one news story of my day, and you all would have heard about it in vivid detail.

Good times.

Our Family said...

I'm dying laughing at this post. I love you girls!

 
Locations of visitors to this page