Thursday, December 04, 2008

Jesus is not gloomy

"If he is gloomy, our salvation will be sad. And that is no great salvation. Jesus himself - and all that God is for us in him - is our great reward, nothing less...Salvation is not mainly the forgiveness of sins, but mainly the fellowship of Jesus...If Christ is gloomy, or even calmly stoical, eternity will be a long, long sigh." John Piper

Before I went to China this past summer, Mike had us read the book "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" by Piper. It was so good because it made me love Jesus more and helped me think more about what a great Savior he is. It made me want to know him more and helped me see that Jesus is the furthest thing from gloomy. He is glorious.

So, I think you should read it too! And pass it out to your friends and family this Christmas. Or maybe to your coworkers, classmates, neighbors. And a good thing is -- You can get a case of books from Desiring God at a suggested donation of $1 per book plus shipping costs! Here are the details.

You should read it!

4 comments:

Scott said...

Well after that recommendation I think I will. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I was just talking to Daniel about how much I missed you guys. This post makes me miss you more. I miss your constant pointing me to Jesus--among many other things.

Love you, dear friends!

-CDT

Hannah said...

I love things that make me love Jesus more. I think I'll pick one up.
Thanks for the recommendation:)

Anonymous said...

Good book! I need to finish it!

 
Locations of visitors to this page