Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Aloha...well, almost!

Ok, so I'm not actually in that state, but I am in California! I'm here for missions training with the BGC missions organization. It has been a LONG week so far and the annual conference is just beginning! That means I have to be on my best behavior and meet lots of new people who might be interested in supporting my work on the mission field. I'm thrilled! (that last comment was slightly sarcastic if you didn't catch on)

Anyway, I am writing this post because we were told that for the commissioning on Friday night we need to each think up 3 words that describe our spouse....well, for me that means 3 words that describe ME! I am at a loss and would like some help...I realize this is an open invitation for all sorts of, uh, creativity, but bring it on because I really don't know what to say!

So 3 words that describe me....oh, this is Ellie if you didn't already know that.

p.s. be NICE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie! I think that there are many words that describe you, but it seems a little bit weird to talk about yourself in front of a lot of people so here is a slightly different approach to it.
Description of Ellie(or any other human being for that matter):
1. Weak(yet strong in the Lord) 2 Cor 12:9-10
2. Sorrowful(yet always rejoicing) 2 Cor 6:10
3. Having nothing(yet possesing everything) 2 Cor 6:10

We're praying for you that you'll perservere through everything you face. The end

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
you are:
accommodating, basic, calm, darling, emblematic, frisky, grinning, human, innocent, jumping, kept, liimited, meek, nap-loving, official, pretty, quarantined, recent, scheduled, tidy, understandable, victorious, wholesome, xylephone, young, and zippered. I felt that all these words describe you the best and could not pick out three from among them.

Courtney Reissig said...

frisky? really?

I don't know who you are anonymous, but please.

Ellie,

here are my three:
1. Energetic and fun (that is one characteristic)
2. Caring
3. Courageous (in so many ways, like by killing bugs for us, and by going on the mission field)

Love you, Ellie!

Come home soon

Anonymous said...

Okay, Ellie, Daddy and I talked about it and decided that our list of 3 (for this situation!) would be joyful, helpful,and generous.
You are all those things and all those characteristics will be so good to have on the mission field. But we won't be at all upset if you go with frisky!
We love you so much! (One of your words could be loved!)

Anonymous said...

Ellie,

-jobful (i mean "joyful")
-outgoing
-practical

the list could go on, these came to mind at first.

love you! see you saturday!!

Anonymous said...

Steph, you're such a job!

Ellie, I'd throw mischevious into the mix. You want the three adjectives to fit you and few else. If I imagine a slot machine, and the three adjectives that would appear resulting in you popping out, I'm pretty sure mischevious would be one of the words.

(This metaphor doesn't really work...neither jacks nor pots come out of slot machines.)

 
Locations of visitors to this page