Saturday, June 30, 2007

FAT


Our good friend, Joseph, was hanging out at our house one night and told us that he thinks women should be fat. We were taken back by this comment because we thought he was referring to a girls' size.

Last weekend he was teaching in the youth group and one of the students asked what the 'fat' in Proverbs 28:25 means. JR didn't tell the student what he really thinks it means.

F - Faithful
A - Available
T - Teachable

Proverbs 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

(King James Version).

2 comments:

Joseph Randall said...

Yes, I think the F. A. T. you expound on is part of the meaning of the text, but I also think it's more than that. Part of being prosperous or enriched is being faithful and teachable - those are great blessings. But I think it's more as well.

Anonymous said...

I think I was FAT this week because I wore skirts 4 out of 5 workdays:)

 
Locations of visitors to this page