Friday, July 06, 2007

66 hotdogs: beyond all grossness

the other day while shopping at super target, i just happened to notice the hotdogs. they have so many. and it's disgusting. they even have hotdogs ready made in a bun. plus, read the story below.





New York Region. July 4, 2007 23-Year-Old Eats His Way to Hot Dog Title. By Ken Belson. Joey Chestnut ate a world-record 66 hot dogs to unseat the six-time champ, Takeru Kobayashi, at the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island.



p.s. i hadn't eaten a single hotdog since 7th grade, but a couple weeks ago i tried one bite. i'm pretty sure that one bite will be the last. thought i was going to die.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the story is just GROSS!! I attached the story from the NY Times...I couldn't figure out from the story how long they had to eat the hotdogs, but it doesn't really matter!! It's still DISGUSTING!

elles

Courtney Reissig said...

I love hot dogs! It's a great American tradition.

Molly said...

I'm embarassed to say that I've actually watched the Nathan's hot dog eating competition. They do it on the 4th of July, I think, and we happened to be visiting my parents a couple years ago over the 4th, and apparently my brother has made it his tradition to watch it every year on ESPN while they do all the live coverage. If I remember correctly, they get a half hour or so to do it. I had to walk out of the room a few times because I was getting so grossed out. The ESPN coverage is funny because they do all these background stories on the top contestants and try to get you into their stories or something--it's weird. And how about the scantily clad women in the back? Nothing says "shoving your face with hot dogs" like a few nearly naked ladies, right???

Anonymous said...

that is so nast.

 
Locations of visitors to this page