Sunday, July 15, 2007

some random quotes and one really good one.

"There is more to life than getting tan." Two weeks later: "Yes, there is more to life than getting tan, but that's all that matters to me right now."

Next door neighbor guy: "C'mon white people, DANCE!"

"I couldn't marry him because he loves the environment."

"When someone tells you he is going to kick your...behind...believe him!"

Girl to a guy moving into the neighborhood: "Well, when we are roommates, I'm sure we will see each other more often."

"Don't you know that Johny Cash is a legend? It makes me really mad when people don't like Johnny Cash."

"Oh yeah, I square-danced. It was a home-school activity."

"I can't move to Louisville because I would have big hair."

"I'm here to do the modesty check." (3 mornings in a row between 6-7AM).

Talking about a recently married woman: "I want to ask if I can be her understudy. I mean..."

"My friends call me puffy."

"Did you guys know that Steven Spielberg is the most acclimated director?"

"I don't have a chin hair, I have a whisker. And it grows faster than all my other hairs."

"People often think of Christian morality as a kind of bargain in which God says, 'If you keep a lot of rules I'll reward you, and if you don't I'll do the other thing.' I do not think that is the best way of looking at it. I would much rather say that every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before. And taking your life as a whole, with all your innumerable choices, all your life long you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature: either into a creature that is in harmony with God, and with other creatures, and with itself, or else into one that is in a state of war and hatred with God, and with its fellow-creatures, and with itself. To be the one kind of creature is heaven: that is, it is joy and peace and knowledge and power. To be the other means madness, horror, idiocy, rage, impotence, and eternal loneliness. Each of us at each moment is progressing to the one state or the other." - C.S. Lewis

4 comments:

Tyler Kenney said...

Good quotes all...both funny and serious. It's fun to have been a part of at least one (though I didn't dance for him). Thanks for sharing!

FYI, I also posted some "good quote" material recently on my blog (http://tracktyler.blogspot.com).

Micah T said...

Stephanie told me to leave a comment on your blog soooo.....this is it. :)

Anonymous said...

Where is the C.S.Lewis quote from? I would like to see it in a bigger context. Is it really true? Can we turn our central being 'into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature'? I sometimes get confused with these theological issues, and I know that our choices are important and significant, but I always thought, with gratitude, that it is God who HAS turned my central being into a heavenly creature, and my choices indicate my cooperating with the hope that is within me or resisting it. I know there are alot of theological students out there--can you help me understand this quote?

Are you telling me that my daughter was dancing!?! This is not the homeschool training that she received!!

Anonymous said...

So where are the theological students? and where is the quote from? Surely someone has a reply to my sincerely questioning response! Maybe this is too hard of a venue on which to have a 'conversation'. But would someone have some sort of reply? I still am wondering.

 
Locations of visitors to this page