Saturday, January 03, 2009

being dead

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me..."

Last night I went to the all night prayer at church. It was so good. It ended with 5am Communion and Pastor John encouraging us to have a wonderful liberty from ourselves in 2009....and a blessed self-forgetfulness...to be others-centered. We've died with Christ so why be so concerned about ourselves or our ego? He said we should "count ourselves freshly dead."

I wish I could remember more but I was real tired at that point. If anyone has thoughts about this, please share!

1 comment:

Scott said...

No deep insight, but just an appreciation of the question you asked, "why be so concerned about ourselves or our ego?" I like the implications of that question in light of the Galatians passage and other passages of scripture.

 
Locations of visitors to this page