Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Perils of Biking

I have had 3 very interesting things happen to me while biking in the past 3 weeks.

Event #1: Almost ran into a girl hula-hooping (yes, that can be made into a verb) in the middle of the Midtown Greenway. I'm not exactly sure why she decided the Greenway was a good place to spin that hoop around her hips.

Event #2: Swallowed a bee while cruising down by the Mississippi River, and was subsequently stung. On my tongue. Good thing I'm not allergic or I would have been in trouble!

Event #3: My favorite---this afternoon, biking down a path in St. Paul, I ran over a squirrel! But don't worry; it promptly jumped up and ran off into the woods.

Lessons learned:
1. Hula hooping can be dangerous, especially when performed while standing on a bike path.
2. Keep mouth closed while biking.
3. Trying to avenge myself on the Phillips squirrels for everything they have destroyed in our backyard using a bike won't work. It doesn't kill 'em.

6 comments:

steph said...

Sarah!

I'm dying here right now. Just dying. Look at you...blogging and all :)

andrea said...

haha! i had never heard about the hula-hoop girl. hilarious.

skronny said...

you have created a monster. muah ha ha!

steph said...

seriously. blogging master.

Anonymous said...

The only time I've even been stung my a bee was on my tongue! I was walking and talking and it flew into my mouth. It hurt soooo bad. And I didn't know if I was allergic or not, so I just had to wait and see if my tongue was going to swell up and choke me! :-)

whitney said...

sarah, i'm so glad you're adding to the blog now! this post made me laugh pretty hard. thanks:)

 
Locations of visitors to this page