Sunday, March 25, 2007

rumination of a periphrastic mind....

Here I am lounging on the couch on Sunday evening. I'm not quite sure where the day has gone! I was supposed to have done some homework this afternoon but all that I can honestly say I've done is...well, "not much" would be an overstatement! I don't know exactly why I'm in such tired state, or funk, but I am! I don't feel like doing much of anything that requires any amount of rationality, apperception, or coherence.

Do you ever have those days where you don't want to do anything? This is odd for me and especially since I don't want to be around people either! I know this is a phenomenon....trust me it is a rarity one that will likely not occur again before the next solar eclipse. (actually this is not too far off as the next annular solar eclipse will occur on September 11, 2007 and the next total solar eclipse will occur on August 1, 2008) Actually, I think that the above statement (you know the one that said that I didn't want to be around people, yeah that's the one) wasn't entirely true. I do want to be around people, just not ones that I have to impress. (I apologize to my roommates, but I don't feel like I have to impress them anymore....yep definitely past that stage in our "ship")

Oh, that reference to "ship" reminded me of a funny story that I'm not sure if I should even try to articulate presently as I'm sure I'd utterly and completely destroy it...but WHY NOT! So I have had an internet relationship in the past (don't worry it was nothing serious, just a prank) which led to some pretty hillarious emails between myself and this, uh, gentleman. Anyway, in one email that I guess could be called a DTR (Define The Relationship...those are generally fun for everyone involved and should be had as often as possible) this, uh, gentleman said (and I quote) "I'm interested in pursuing a "ship" as well, whether we ride on a friendship or a relationship. Either one would be enjoyable, and if we're careful (like you say), neither one of us should get seasick." Now, I'm curious as to your responses to this statement...I personally thought it was ingenious, but my roommates criticized him harshly for this comment and said that it was tacky to say the least! Let me tell you, that was the LAST time I share any sentimental comments with them!!


Okay, so I'm sorry to say that that is the extent of my capacity for this evening...I am utterly spent by this exertion and cannot formulate any other thoughts for this post.

11 comments:

Courtney Reissig said...

Wow. I have nothing to say. Unbelievable.

I think this was the first time in my life that I couldn't read something that was put in front of me.

Good Word friend!

Anonymous said...

woah...who wrote this? wait, online relationship?? wow...i think im going to have to laugh at you.

jesse said...

I'm trying to figure out who wrote that. I'm perplexed. I'm in a real dither. Who in the house had the online relationship, and how did I not know about it? Was it Sarah? It couldn't have been Ellie? Andrea? Steph, you wouldn't have?

Whoever it was gets the genius award for the day on account of using the word "periphrastic."

And yes, that line about the ship is real cheeze ball. I hope you dumped him for that reason alone.

Courtney Reissig said...

excuse me jesse, but you didn't even include me in your questioning who could have been in an online relationship. it could only mean three things.

1. you forgot that i too live in the 2520 house.
2. you don't think i am capable of using big words.
3. you don't think i am relationship material.

i'm hurt jesse. really hurt...

Anonymous said...

now i understand the "ship" thing! um yeah...i dont know what else to say now...

Anonymous said...

Ellie--

I read what you said about having an online relationship. Recently, I've been reading Bill Gothard's book Establishing Biblical Standards of Courtship. Gothard says that "through the deception of dating, Satan is able to reduce the fruitfulness of one's ministry both in singleness and in marriage." I don't think either one of us wants the fruitfulness of your ministries to be diminished through online dating.

Another problem I have with online dating is that it circumvents the father's proper place. Gothard says, "I'm firmly convinced that God never intended girls to turn down dates. He intended for their fathers to."

With these words, I hope I'm not causing you any hardship.

Anonymous said...

you'll notice that I left the "uh, gentleman" nameless for purposes of anonymity...I was going to call him the "Grimm reaper" in honor of the wreckage he created out of my heart! (clever, eh??)

jesse said...

Ah, I thought it was you, EL. That's who the mysterious guy was you all kept referring to in code. Interesting. Why so secretive?

andrea said...

Hey you all!

I'm glad to be here!

Joseph

Joseph Randall said...

When we all had dinner a couple Friday nights ago, we talked about the need for Christian young men to find FAT women to marry. I just want to make clear that I think Christian young women should find FAT men as well.

Joseph Randall said...

At our dinner a couple Friday nights ago, I said men should find FAT women to marry. I wanted to make clear that women should find FAT men as well.

 
Locations of visitors to this page