Tuesday, November 18, 2008

some things you oughta know.

After living with Katie for over a year now, I've come to learn that she is normally pretty willing to let people use her 'stuff.' However we've learned that there are some things that you just don't ask about! Wrapping paper, recipe book and her Brownberry Country Wheat bread.

Last Christmas....
Stephanie (just asking for formality sake): "Hey Katie can I use your wrapping paper?"
Katie (with a smirk, knowing the question would come eventually): "Well...no...I like to save that for myself. I like to be the only one with that wrapping paper."
Stephanie (quite shocked): "Oh...okay..."

In the spring, Stephanie had a folded up recipe (not 8x10)...
Stephanie: "Katie! Can I put this is your recipe book so they are all together?"
Katie: "Well...no...you can put that in the recipe box. This is for 8x10's and only for my recipes."

Tonight...
Katie: "Do you want a grilled cheese? You can have one with my cheese if you use your own bread."
Andrea: (testing Katie out): "Well, I'll have one if I can use your bread."
Katie: "I like my bread. It's the only bread I like and I can only buy this bread at Cub and I don't want to run out."


I do want to add that Katie ended up making Steph her own recipe book and also bought her a roll of her own wrapping paper. And I am sitting at the kitchen table eating a half grilled cheese that Katie made with her cheese...and my bread. And there are many times she makes me a meal...with her own groceries! Love ya Kate.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I get brownberry too! I understand why she likes it so much :-)

good stories

Anonymous said...

that is so hilarious. I can hear Katie saying all of those! haha

Anonymous said...

Katie, you know I love you!

Waldemar Family said...

Adorable.

 
Locations of visitors to this page