Saturday, November 01, 2008

You Are God Alone (Not a God)

If my ipod has a play count, this song is high on the list. We sung it at church a while ago and since I downloaded it from itunes, I have listened to it over and over...and over. I love the words and they've been good for my soul to hear.


You are not a God created by human hands
You are not a God dependent on immortal man
You are not a God in need of anything we can give
By your plan, that's just the way it is

You're the only God whose power none can contend
You're the only God whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God whose worthy of everything we can give
You are God and that's just the way it is

You are God alone
From before time began
You are on your throne
You are God alone

And right now in the good times and bad
You're on the throne
You are God alone
You are God alone


If you ever download it, get the Billy and Cindy Foote version. A couple other worship songs I've listened to a lot lately and recommend: Come Thou Fount (Jadon Lavik), Mighty to Save (Hillsong), Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy (Fernando Ortega), His Forever (Sovereign Grace), Mission Accomplished (Shai Linne) and the Shane & Shane bluegrass sampler :) http://mp3.rhapsody.com/shaneshane/bluegrasssampler.

What songs do you love right now? Worship or anything...

5 comments:

Courtney Reissig said...

His Forever is high on my list.

So is Grace Unmeasured.

Makes me love Jesus more!

Karen said...

Lately I've been very encouraged by:
He's Always Been Faithful by Sara Groves
Out of the Depths from the Sovereign Grace Psalm CD
Lover by Derek Webb

I'm also loving the "Sing-Along" song that Steph and Andrea sang last night :-)

Anonymous said...

I thought of you tonight when we sang this! :)

Okay...
"Great Are You" by downhere
"Hide Away in the Love of Jesus" by Sovereign Grace
"Thank You" by The Katinas
"Remember Surrender" by Sara Groves
"Everything" by Lifehouse
"Hymn" by Brooke Fraser
"Mended" by Watermark

I'm going to look up your songs on iTunes now!!

andrea said...

My list (steph):

Mighty to Save (Laura Story)
Jesus, What a Friend for Sinners
O Great God (Sov. Grace)
Shane Barnard
Behold Our God (New Attitude Band)
Stay (Lisa Loeb)

Katie's list:

Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
Power in the Blood (Shane and Shane bluegrass)
O Worship the King (Shane and Shane)
Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
This is our God (Chris Tomlin)

Anonymous said...

my list:
Mighty to Save-Laura Story
Made to love- TobyMac
Held-Natalie Grant
Awaken-Natalie Grant
Give me your eyes-Branden Heath
Holy-Nicole Nordman
Glory-Nicole Nordman
On my Knees-Nicole C Mullen
The cd Transform by Rebecca St James
Testify to love- Avalon
Let it Rain/Healing Rain-Michael W Smith
Cinderella-(makes me cry)-Steven Curtis Chapman
Those are just some of the ones i like.
Here is one more!
Average Girl-BarlowGirl
and a couple others by BarlowGirl
Clothes
Superstar
On my Own
That is my list!!!!

Love u girls!
~Talitha
ps. SuperChick is also a good band. Especially their song We live, We love. and Sovereign Grace songs
Praise the Lord (Psalm 150)
The Lord is

 
Locations of visitors to this page